Feed Mill Supervisor
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Feed Mill Supervisor
This position is responsible for supervising the mixing, milling, and employees of the feed mill, ensuring compliance with Feed Quality and Safety programs. The Supervisor will direct operations in ingredient receiving, grain drying, feed batching, pelleting, grinding, sample and quality testing, as well as implementing all safety protocol and processes. The Feed Mill Supervisor will perform any combination of the following tasks as needed and appropriate to complete the job successfully.
- Completes daily duties in a manner that maintains compliance and seeks out opportunities for improvement within the Smithfield ISO22000 Feed Safety and Quality program Directs operations in ingredient receiving, grain drying, feed batching, feed pelleting, grinding, quality testing, sample gathering, mill sanitation and following/implementing all safety protocol and processes.
- Communicates with feed mill maintenance and vendors as appropriate.
- Assists and provides input for Capital projects, equipment upgrades or expansion and budget planning.
- Assists with Capital projects; works with maintenance on project planning and future repair and Maintenance needs.
- Oversees Quality Assurance testing per protocol.
- Maximizes feed production and quality, as well as feed delivery logistics. Monitors feed and ingredient inventories.
- Ensures mill sanitation and that sanitation schedules are performed. Supervises mill operators for shift operations.
- Communicates with dispatch to ensure feed is available for load out (regarding shortages, feed outages, potential delays, breakdowns, weather issues.)
- Ensures feed formulas or transfers are entered into control system.- (via use of computer transfer program)
- Communicates with customers, dispatch, and office personnel as needed.
- Completes operational reports as necessary when mill manager is not available.
- Communicates with procurement department as needed.
- Promotes a safe workplace and conducts safety meetings.
- Adheres to company safety policies and ensures employees are following safety protocol.
- Promotes good environmental stewardship and maintains mill environmental equipment per guidelines/permits.
- Trains/Operates fork truck and skid loader as necessary.
- Completes accurate/timely reporting of operations, inventory and sanitation per protocol.
- Keeps management informed of mill operational, maintenance, safety and employee concerns/issues.
- Recommends process improvement opportunities that are necessary to improve efficiencies, quality, and service to Mill Manager.
- Helps to insure FDA, EPA, Safe Feed Safe Food compliance Assists with the development, implementation and maintenance of future ISO programs/compliance.
- Communicates mill and transportation issues and opportunities clearly with other shift leads/employees/departments.
- Demonstrates punctuality by showing esteem for others and by doing the right thing at the right time Knows and does what is expected – demonstrates responsibility.
- Demonstrates flexibility with a willingness to change plans according to the direction of management.
- Accurately reports past facts and earns future trust.
- Complies with all Management System compliance- to include but not limited to IPS (Injury Prevention System): EMS (Emergency Management Systems) and Animal Well Being Policies and Procedures May be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.